Before we get into adding monitoring points and non-smart devices, it's worth taking some time to understand the theory behind how these work in the Pest Pulse app.
Monitoring Points - You can think of monitoring points like wall labels. You use the monitoring point labels to indicate where a monitor is. A monitoring point can be anything, it could be indicating the location of an EFK, an external rat box or an internal mouse box with an insect monitor attached.
Devices - A device is any pest control device used to control pests, devices are: break back mousetraps, EFKs, insect monitors, rodenticide/bait or even an internet-connected rat trap (smart device).
How to add Monitoring Points
IMPORTANT - You should complete these steps before starting the site audit! You cannot add Monitoring points whilst completing an audit.
- Open customer sites
- Select the desired site
- Select the Site Set-Up tab
- Select Monitoring Points
- Press the Add Monitoring Point button
- Select the department where the monitoring point is going to be located
- Add a description, use this to describe the location of the monitoring point, be as descriptive as possible e.g. "Located under the kitchen unit at the rear of the kitchen"
- Add a photo (optional). You can add a photo to help you locate the monitoring point on your next visit
- Press Save
- Press back to return to the site set up tab
- Now follow the steps to add a device
How to add Devices
- From the Site Set up tab, select Devices
- Press the Add Device button
- Under the Standard Devices list, select the most appropriate option
- Select a Department using the drop-down (Remember to select the department you used to create the monitoring point for in the previous step)
- Select the Monitoring Point you created in the previous step
- Give the device a Name e.g. "Break Back Snap Trap"
- Press the tick button to save your device
TL;DR Watch this video: